Prayer is commanded throughout the Bible. Philippians 4:6 says, “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.” Intercessory prayer focuses on the needs and concerns of others and is a Biblical priority. 1 Timothy 2:1 states, “Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men.”
How exciting to know that Our Father in Heaven longs to hear our voice and eagerly waits for us to commune with Him! And what an honor and privilege to come before Him on behalf of our brothers and sisters who are hurting, those would like direction on something in their lives, or those who wish to pray praises of joy. Calvary’s prayer ministry gives our members an organized way to pray for church family, staff, and people not only in Holland but around the world.
Here are some ways to get involved in Calvary’s Prayer Ministry:
- Pre-Service Prayer: Each Sunday, anyone who wishes, can meet at 8 a.m. in the ABC room to pray over the upcoming services.
- Monday Night Prayer Gatherings: Calvary hosts prayer meetings each Monday night at 7 p.m. Intercessors meet and pray together as lead by the Holy Spirit. All are welcome!
- E-prayer Chain: If you would like a concern placed on the e-prayer chain, click this link to go to the shepherding elders page where you can enter your concerns.
- Prayer Appointments: Anyone who would like a private prayer appointment can be scheduled to meet with Prayer Partners. Information shared and the identity of those prayed for, is kept strictly confidential.
Calvary’s prayer teams:
- Watchmen on the Walls: Each service there are people stationed around the sanctuary to pray over those who attend. Watchmen pray for protection and against any tactic the devil may use to divert attention away from the preaching of the word.
- Prayer Partners – Prayer partners are available after each service in the front and back of the sanctuary, to join anyone who wishes to pray. Needs, concerns, joys, direction, and any other topic can be a subject of prayer.
If you would like more information on any of the above information or would like to talk to someone about joining a prayer team, please contact Dustin Attema, Ginger Waterway, or Jack Waterway.